A Letter To My Friend Who Always Speaks The Truth Face To Face


girls quote 2
Hey my friend who always speaks the truth,
I’m writing this because we would never talk like this. Fancy words don’t exist between us. We’re always frank to each other, and sometimes, just quite mean to each other actually. It’s a bit awkward if I sincerely say thank you to you face-to-face. No…just too strange for us…
No one is like you, who always dares to speak the truths, not worrying those would hurt me or not. Yes there were times that I felt hurt and angry, but overall, I’m still grateful to have you in my life. Because you’ve uncovered so many blind spots that are blocking my way, which other people won’t be aware of or just dare not to tell me the truths.
I still remember when you told me he really didn’t suit me, I was crying helplessly. I still remember the time you said that I was not following my heart but just feeling too insecure. The time you told me not to act anymore, when I was indeed not feeling happy at all…The time you reminded me I was not treating myself well enough and loving myself enough…
And you’re fearless to criticize my outfit.  The dress was way too expensive than it should be, etc. It’s uneasy to accept criticism all the time, but constructive ones do help and make us advance.
With you, I’d know who I am, that I don’t need to act. I can be the real me. Nevertheless, your wise comments would never stop popping out. These push me to step out my comfort zone and always go for something better.
When I was extremely passionate about my new plans, you pointed out the brutal truths. When I lose hope for the world, you reminded me how large and beautiful the world can be. You’re like the balance in my life, pulling me from getting to the extremes.
Hearing so many such frank comments, I’ve become a person who speaks her mind more bravely. Not only to you, but also to myself, as well as to others (of course I’d set boundaries for different kinds of people and loved ones).
There were times that I thought you were wrong. I thought you were too subjective and not seeing the whole picture as I did. Really you are wrong sometimes, because you’re human too. While more often, I’d find what you said was full of wisdom.
We don’t get together all the time. We have our own lives. True friends are like this. They don’t see each other often, but you’re always in their hearts. From time to time they’d call you or send you a message about something you’d be interested in. You don’t need to be very polite to each other too, because you know the other person wouldn’t mind.
Once again, let me thank you, for all the truths you told me, though they’re usually not expressed in beautiful words. Those are not polished, like you, but beautiful in itself.
Love,
Your friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Celebs Who Killed Their Careers After Dissing Beyonce

RUGE MUTAHABA IN A LOVE TRIANGLE

TOP TEN PRIVATE JETS